Windows 11 build 22449 is a build of Windows 11 Nickel which was released to Windows Insiders in Dev Channel on 2 September 2021.
- SMB compression behaviour change: Allows administrator, user, or application to request compression of files as they transfer over the network.
- The boot spinner from Windows 10 build 19587 is now enabled by default in boot screen
- Right-clicking on the Bluetooth entry in Quick Settings and selecting Settings will now open the main Bluetooth & Devices page.
- Windows startup sound will no longer play after an unattended update.
- Added a link to the touch keyboard personalisation settings.
- Notifications now have an acrylic background.
- Update animation used in the notification introducing you to Windows Hello.
- Updated the dialog when closing Windows Sandbox.
- Adjusted the design of Notification Center.
- Fixed an bug where explorer.exe crashes when using Alt + Tab
- A bug with Arial font being used in title of taskbar previews has been fixed
- Widgets board can sometimes appear empty. This can be fixed by logging out and logging in again.
- Widgets can be displayed incorrectly on external monitors.
- Options to open System settings and Windows Terminal are missing from Win + X menu.
When switching input methods, taskbar can flicker.
- Search panel can not open when clicked Search icon on taskbar. This can be fixed by restarting explorer.exe
- Search panel can appear as black and not display any content
- Some Surface Pro X devices with this build installed can BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
- If WDAG is installed on device with this build installed, it can enter in BSOD loop.