Windows 10 build 18965 is the twenty-fifth Insider Preview build of Windows 10 May 2020 Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 21 August 2019.
- Added an option to make Windows automatically save restartable apps when logging out, restarting, or shutting down the system. When the computer logs back in, Windows will restart the sessions of those apps. To enable this feature, navigate to Settings → Accounts → Sign-in options and then toggle the "Restart apps" option.
- Some improvements were made to Feedback Hub, including making the differentiation between Problems and Suggestions more distinctive, with the entries showing icons, colors, and the labels Problem or Suggestion displayed above each feedback entry. The icongraphy and display was also updated for adding similar feedback to problems, upvoting suggestions, and adding comments to feedback.
- Added a new add similar feedback feature in Feedback Hub. When a problem is selected with symptoms that match the one that is being experienced, it will take you to the feedback form, with the title already filled in. The title can be edited and your own description can be added to let Microsoft know exactly what was happening when the problem was encountered.
- Made some major changes to the Windows Insider Achievements page, to make them more discoverable by moving them from your profile page to your profile's landing page, and added some additional features that allow you to categorize and track your progress.
- Older versions of anti-cheat software for games can cause the PC to crash with a green screen of death.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not function correctly with this build.
- On certain apps, the minimize, maximize, and close title bar do not work. If you use an affected app, press ALT+F4 to close it.
- Some WSL distros do not load on this build.
- There's a chance that DWM can consume a high amount of system resources.
lsass.exehas a random chance to make the system crash.
- The text on the devices pages in Settings for “Bluetooth and Other Devices” and “Printers and Scanners” does not render correctly.
- Search does not work when you use certain display languages. To workaround this issue, switch the language to English, then back to your preferred display language.