Windows 10 build 18908 is the fourteenth Insider Preview build of Windows 10 May 2020 Update. This build was released to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring on 29 May 2019.
- Multiple new features were added to the Your Phone app. These include:
- A new screen reading feature that utilized both the now-defunct Google TalkBack service and the Your Phone Companion services. Once both of those services were on, Narrator would be started on the PC side, which will describe what is selected and activated on the phone screen as the user interacts with it using the PC’s keyboard or mouse.
- Focus tracking, which was a feature in which the user could interact with their Android phone's apps at their preferred magnification level. It followed the user's keyboard focus and mouse pointer input. To enable it, both Google TalkBack and and the Your Phone Companion service had to be present. Once both of those services were present, the user would be able to open Magnifier on the PC, either by using the keyboard shortcut Win + or by opening said app from the Start menu.
- A new keyboard layout icon was added to the phone screen toolbar. Selecting this button will take the user to the phone settings page, where the keyboard language or layout can be changed. These settings are specific to physical keyboards only. It does not change the phone’s language or keyboard configuration.
- Added the Samsung Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8+ to the list of support phone models for the phone screen feature.
- MMS messages can now be directly sent from the Your Phone app.
- Added a new badge to indicate unread messages.
- The Your Phone app now syncs contact thumbnails for all contacts present that use profile pictures.
- Text messages from toast notifications can now be quickly replied to without having to open the Your Phone app.
- Emojis can be added to text messages directly from the app.
- You can now sync photos, messages, and notifications over mobile data without having to connect the Android phone to a Wi-Fi network. To do this, enable the "Sync over mobile data" option under the Your Phone Companion app settings. Once enabled, a toast notification will appear that says "Connected to your PC" on the phone.
- Introduced a new icon for both the Your Phone and the Your Phone Companion apps.
- Bugfixes and general improvements listed in the official announcement.
- On the Home SKUs on some devices, the update install history may not be seen on the update history page.
- On the Home SKUs on some devices, the download progress percentage may not update correctly on the Windows Update page.
- Older versions of anti-cheat software for games can cause the PC to crash with a green screen of death.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not function correctly with this build.
- If you use Remote Desktop to connect to an enhanced session VM, the taskbar search results will not be visible and thus display a blank area instead until you restart
- There is a noticeable lag when you drag the emoji and dictation panels.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. It can be turned back on after the update is complete.
- The Settings app will crash when you navigate to the Graphics settings page.
- The IME window for East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and the Japanese IMEs) sometimes may not open. To workaround this issue, open Task Manager and then end the
- With the Bopomofo IME, the character width may suddenly change from Half width to Full width.